Louisiana Convicted Sex Offenders Must Admit Status on Facebook
According to Reuters, “Convicted sex offenders and child predators who set up a Facebook or other social networking page will have to post their criminal status in their profile under a Louisiana law that takes effect on Aug. 1.”
According to Facebook Terms and Conditions, they say specifically "You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender."
Seems as if Facebook did not comment on the situation (any surprise). 😛
Anyway, this is going to help Louisiana investigative authorities track down sex offenders whom use Facebook. Although, these offenders probably won’t comply. The only questions is…is this really necessary? Will it work?
Leave your comments with your opinion!
Other takes on the story:
- State Law Requires Sex Offenders to List Status on Facebook (mashable.com)
- Louisiana law says sex offenders must state status on Facebook (news.cnet.com)
- Law: Sex Offenders Must List Status on Social Media (fox8.com)
About Jay PfoutzMarketer
- https://t.co/sHHiJYzRwv 2 months ago
- https://t.co/LNmvvAJPZM 2 months ago
- https://t.co/I1P2dcCeBY 2 months ago
- https://t.co/WvLjTnSBbI 2 months ago
- https://t.co/3TuWGglPna 2 months ago