How to remove File Recovery rogue hard drive program
File Recovery is a recently new rogue hard drive program. It should be removed as outlined below.
Serial number: 56723489134092874867245789235982 with any email address
How to remove this rogue
STEP 1 – First tasks
- It is possible that this rogue prevents you from downloading anything, so please transfer any files necessary to remove this infection from a clean computer, using a flash/usb storage drive, CD/DVD, etc.
- If it becomes impossible to remove this rogue or follow any steps below, immediately skip to STEP 4.
- Please download and run RKill.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click the RKill desktop icon.
- It will quickly run and launch a log. If it does not launch a log, try another download link until it does.
- Please post its log in your next reply.
- After it has run successfully, delete RKill.
Note: This tool only kills the active infection, the actual infection will not be gone. Once you reboot the infection will be active again! Please do not reboot until after STEP 3.
STEP 2 – Clean rogue files
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
- Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista or 7, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
- It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
- Click the Start
button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp
files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute
or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
- Once it’s finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.
STEP 3 – Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select “Perform Quick Scan“, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. If you are prompted to restart, please allow it to restart your computer. Failure to do this, will cause the infection to still be active on the computer.
STEP 4 – Infection gone?
Check to see if the infection is gone.
If the infection is not gone, then please do the following:
- Read and follow the steps in this topic.
- Then, post a new topic containing those logs in this section.
If your current anti-virus solution let this infection through, you may want to consider purchasing the PRO version of Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware to protect against these types of threats in the future.