Kaspersky secure operating system in production
Kaspersky Lab is currently working on their own operating system from scratch, which includes the ability to help monitor business and government servers, further protecting them from government malware attacks. Government malware include Stuxnet, Flame, Duqu, Gauss, etc.
The whole point of the OS is to protect the various complex industrial systems we see today, especially in government facilities, corporations, and other industrial sectors.
Many government agencies are in fear that their systems/servers are still compromised, and without a good operating system, these systems/servers may still be at risk. Meanwhile, some companies/government facilities are overwhelmed with the idea of having to update their programs, keep patches up-to-date, etc., and also keeping the system continually running. Therefore, a secure operating system is a good plan to be in the works.
Kaspersky Lab held the operating system as a secret for quite a while, but now will be releasing information and updates: “Quite a few rumors about this project have appeared already on the Internet, so I guess it’s time to lift the curtain (a little) on our secret project and let you know (a bit) about what’s really going on,” Eugene Kaspersky, CEO of Kaspersky Lab, said in a blog post.
Apparently, the protocols SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) and PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) don’t require authentication to access them, which present a huge security risk. With that in mind, the secure OS will work on making that more of a secure approach.
With these new ideas into a secure OS, it will pave the way for a greater security realm in the industrial, corporate, governmental sectors, etc.
Tags: China, Duqu, Eugene Kaspersky, Flame, Gauss, Government agency, Government malware, Industrial control system, Industrial sector, Iran, Japan, Kaspersky Lab, Operating system, Programmable logic controller, Russia, SCADA, Servers, Stuxnet, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition, United States, Vulnerabilities, Vulnerability Control System
About Jay PfoutzFull time computer security consultant
- Don't back down, don't give up. Keep on going, because you are a beloved child of God! 13 hours ago
- Quit putting your dreams on the back burner, especially what you're most passionate about. Become all you can be. No one can stop you! 1 day ago
- God isn't looking for you. He's always known where you were, and wants to continue to stay with you. Will you keep Him close? Will you... 3 days ago
- A flower doesn't have meaning until it blooms. Now, the question is...when will you bloom? When will you blossom out? Reveal your beauty! 4 days ago
- He does not command or control...He inspires and loves us! God is Love and He loves you always! 1 week ago