Critical fix issued for Shockwave Player – Oct. 23, 2012
Adobe has released a critical update for Shockwave Player after several serious vulnerabilities were found.
- Users of 126.96.36.1997 and earlier versions should now update to version 188.8.131.528 – Update Now
- Updates are available for Windows and Mac systems.
- There is no active propagation of exploits.
- Check to see if you have Shockwave Player.
- Shockwave Player is not the same as Adobe Flash Player, which update October 8.
- Check release notes.
- Uncheck the Norton Security Scan, if it shows.
To protect against vulnerabilities, it is best to have a good internet security software, not FREE antivirus! Check here: