Microsoft issues usual Patch Tuesday – November 2012 – includes Windows 8 & RT updates
Microsoft has issued the usual Patch Tuesday round of updates, but this time – guess what? Windows 8 updates are included, as well as for RT. Isn’t that wonderful?
19 flaws have been fixed in this round of updates. All are being updated in six bulletins this month. These bulletins are listed as MS12-071 through MS12-076. Four are rated critical and two of them urgent.
Now, some have asked about Internet Explorer 10 being vulnerable yet…not at this time. It is not currently vulnerable to the current set of three related flaws in Internet Explorer 9.
However, a font parsing flaw has been found, which could affect Windows 8, as noted in CVE-2012-2897.
Here is a general CVE list of the latest vulnerabilities fixed in the current round:
- Internet Explorer CRITICAL
- Windows Shell Remote Code Execution CRITICAL
- Microsoft Internet Information Systems (IIS) URGENT
- .NET Framework vulnerabilities, affecting multiple versions CRITICAL
- Kernel Mode Drivers CRITICAL
- Microsoft Office Excel Remote Code Execution CRITICAL