Five Ways to Secure a Web Browser for a Tablet
It is important to secure your tablet’s web browser before you go internet surfing. Here are five ways to do it…
- Use a secured wireless network for WiFi or 3G/4G connection. Using unencrypted wireless networks are very insecure and can be a way for hackers and other threats to happen to your device.
- Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN). VPNs are available through your mobile service provider (if you have one, like 3G/4G access). They provide an extra layer of protection (sometimes multiple layers of encryption) to secure your web browsing.
- Keep the OS and apps up-to-date. Check for updates at least twice a week for the OS and apps. System upgrades provide multiple security and functionality updates. It’s good to keep apps up-to-date to avoid security exploits.
- Only download from trusted sources. If it looks bad, it probably is. Stick to trusted apps stores such as Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon: App Store.
- Have a good secure plan. Use a pin code or passphrase to secure access. It’s important to use adequate mobile protection. Because hackers and virus makers are always crafting new threats. Monitoring the latest security threats is a great idea as well, to know how to stay protected from them also.