iOS 6.0.1 was released recently, fixing a slew of issues in the mobile operating system, here’s the overview:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod Touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug that sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
This update is highly recommended, especially because the Passbook issue being fixed. It also includes an update tool, which automatically prepares the iPhone/tablet OS for future updates.
160 vulnerabilities are being fixed with a new release from Apple for iTunes 10.
The newest version number is 10.7. Update now!
Most of the fixes rolled out are involved with WebKit. WebKit is a layout engine from Apple, which allows webpages to be rendered in a browser. Therefore, the main problems faced in iTunes 10 are with the Store site. WebKit is also used in Safari browser by Apple and Chrome browser by Google. Google apparently helped get the fixes for Apple’s iTunes program.
Many of the vulnerabilities in WebKit are from bug reports in 2011. Just now fixing these flaws shows how low this is on the priority list with the Apple development team concerning iTunes. These same vulnerabilities were apparently fixed long ago in Safari and Chrome. So, what’s the excuse?
Users can get the security fixes by updating iTunes directly in the application.
Apple’s statement on the security update page:
Available for: Windows 7, Vista, XP SP2 or later
Impact: Visiting a maliciously crafted website may lead to an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution
Description: Multiple memory corruption issues existed in WebKit. These issues are addressed through improved memory handling.
Protect your computer now from ANY vulnerability by getting a second opinion malware removal scanner and protection program: